DDG Dried Distillers Grain
A coarse dark coloured free flowing granular powder with a pleasant fermented
The product is the dried residue remaining after grain starches have been
fermented in the process of producing bio ethanol in combination with yeasts
It is an excellent source of digestible protein and energy for cattle that
is rich in cereal and residual yeast protein, minerals and vitamins.
The product is GMO Free complying with FSANZ standard A1.5.2. It meets FSANZ
Standard A1.4.2 for maximum pesticide residue limits.
It is manufactured by the Manildra Group at their bio ethanol production facility
on their starch plant in Nowra, N.S.W. Australia.
Product Features / Unique Benefits:
- Originates from Australian origin GMO Free grains, principally wheat and
- Distiller process concentrates grain protein 300percent and fat 230 percent.
- Starch removal reduces the potential for this high energy product to cause
- Yeast fermentation results in the product containing dried yeast cells
that provide B vitamins that could aid feed consumption.
- Excellent palatability due to yeast fermentation flavous.
- Highly digestible fibre being only 33 percent NDF which results in increased
nutrition, energy and stimulates rumen micro-organisms that improve fibre
- Exclusive supply from one production facility ensures product consistency.
Every environment is unique, but it is recommended that a maximum of 20 percent
of the total ration dry matter be fed.
This equates to a maximum of 4-5 Kgs per cow daily, but due to excellent product
performance, lower inclusion levels of 2-3 Kgs still produce good results when
fed for most lactating cows.
DDG can be mixed with silage and other feeds in the paddock or on a feed pad.
Due to its free flowing nature, it is able to be fed via a grain feeding system
in the dairy shed.
Like all feedstuffs, DDG should be stored dry, in bulk bins or placed on cement
slabs (away from vermin and covered and protected from the weather accordingly).
Typical Analysis (DM Basis):
|Neutral Detergent Fibre
|Acid Detergent Fibre
Protein and Energy:
DDGS contain about 25 percent protein of which about 55 percent is rumen undegradable
(bypass). This effectively means increased utilization of protein which increases
DDGS contain higher levels of Metabolisable energy than almost all other dry
feed stuffs. Research has shown that even small increases in ME levels result
in significant production increases in high milk producing dairy cow.